Date(s) - 09/29/2021
8:00 am - 9:30 am
We received this very interesting invitation to the unveiling of an important report:
On behalf of the Don’t Buy into Occupation Coalition (DBIO), we invite you to a virtual event to launch of the first DBIO report “Exposing the financial flows into illegal Israeli settlements”. The DBIO coalition is a joint initiative between 25 Palestinian, regional and European organisations based in Belgium, France, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain and the United Kingdom. The coalition aims to investigate and expose the financial relationships between business enterprises involved in the illegal Israeli settlement enterprise in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and European Financial Institutions.The webinar will be a panel discussion, followed by Q&A.
Here is the list of speakers:
- Maha Abdallah, International Advocacy Officer, Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies
- Omar Shakir, Israel-Palestine director, Human Rights Watch
- Michael S. Lynk, UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory occupied since 1967
- Naim Abed Muhammad Shouqair, former Mayor of Al-Zawiya town, Palestine
- Kiran Aziz, Senior Analyst Responsible Investments, Kommunal Landspensjonskasse (KLP)
English, Arabic, and French interpretation was available.